representing people suffering from disabilities


Fighting for people suffering from disabilities


Advocating for injured and disabled people since 2001

Chalk Law Office represents clients throughout the Bay Area and Northern California. Our firm specializes in workers' compensation, social security disability, and industrial disability retirement. Whether you’re a construction laborer, field worker, teacher, nurse or care assistant, law enforcement officer or firefighter, we have the experience to assist you with your injury.  We bring extensive experience and professionalism to every case and customize our support to your individual needs and concerns.  Mr. Chalk represents SSD/SSI claimants in Northern California.  He also has successfully obtained Industrial Disability Retirement on behalf of PERS eligible employees.

Mr. Chalk has been practicing since 1997. He is a Certified Specialist by the State Bar of California.  Mr. Chalk is active not only in California but on a national scale as well.  Mr. Chalk is Past-President of the California Applicants' Attorneys Association (CAAA) and sits on the Board of Directors for Workers' Injury Law and Advocacy (WILG) a national organization on behalf of injured workers.  If Mr. Chalk is unable to assist you, his vast network of attorneys allows him to refer you to someone who can take your case.

Get in touch with us to set up a consultation, or use the contact form at the bottom of this page to inquire whether our services are right for you.




 613 4th Street                              Santa Rosa, CA 95404

 (707) 571-7400

Areas of practice

Workers' compensation

Any injury that arises in the course of your work is considered a workers' compensation injury. In many cases, the injury might not initially appear to fit within the job description.  Work injuries can happen to even the most careful, competent employees. If you have sustained an injury on the job, the first thing you should do is notify your employer of the injury. After you have received authorization, get medical care for your injury.


social security disability

If you are unable to perform any job for a period of 12 consecutive months or have a condition that is terminal, you may qualify for SSDI or SSI.  Mr. Chalk handles both SSDI and SSI cases through the Office of Disability and Adjudication Review in Northern California.


industrial disability retirement

If you are a member of PERS and a police officer, correctional officer, firefighter, or other person in safety and you sustain a work injury that precludes you from performing your job, you may be eligible for IDR.  This benefit is different from Disability Retirement in that it requires an industrial injury.


Workers’ compensation impacts more people and more companies than any other area of law. Billions of dollars change hands every year. It is the most important area of law
— Florida Supreme Court


Please contact us to see if we can assist you.

Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal inquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your date of injury and parts of body affected. Please note if someone other than you or your employer contributed to the injury. To help us best service your inquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you are having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.

Name *
Please describe your injury and body parts involved. Please indicate what your current concerns are and what you would like assistance with.